TitleThe effect of DDE and dieldrin and their parental substances (DDT and aldrin) on PGE2 and PGF2α release from bovine endometrial explants collected during 120 to 180 days of the gestational period
Journal titlePolish Journal of Veterinary Sciences
AffiliationMlynarczuk, J. : Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Physiology and Toxicology of Reproduction, Tuwima 10, 10-747 Olsztyn, Poland ; Wrobel, M.H. : Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Physiology and Toxicology of Reproduction, Tuwima 10, 10-747 Olsztyn, Poland ; Dobrzyn, K. : Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Physiology and Toxicology of Reproduction, Tuwima 10, 10-747 Olsztyn, Poland
Keywordspesticides ; pregnancy ; endometrium ; prostaglandin secretion ; cattle
Divisions of PASNauki Biologiczne i Rolnicze
PublisherPolish Academy of Sciences Committee of Veterinary Sciences ; University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
Bibliography1. Aleshin S, Grabeklis S, Hanck T, Sergeeva M, Reiser G (2009) Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-gamma positively controls and PPARalpha negatively controls cyclooxygenase-2 expression in rat brain astrocytes through a convergence on PPARbeta/delta via mutual con-trol of PPAR expression levels. Mol Pharmacol 76: 414-424.
2. Arosh JA, Banu SK, Chapdelaine P, Fortier MA (2004) Temporal and tissue-specific expression of prostaglandin receptors EP2, EP3, EP4, FP, and cyclooxygenases 1 and 2 in uterus and fetal membranes during bovine pregnancy. Endocrinology 145: 407-417.
3. Boura AL, Walters WA (1991) Autacoids and the control of vascular tone in the human umbilical-placental circulation. Placenta 12: 453-477.
4. Hirako M, Aoki M, Kimura K, Hanafusa Y, Ishizaki H, Kariya Y (2005) Comparison of the concentrations of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans, and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls in maternal and fetal blood, amniotic and allantoic fluids in cattle. Reprod Toxicol 20: 247-254.
5. Jainudeen MR, Hafez ESS (1980) Gestation, prenatal physiology and parturition. In: Hafez ESE (ed) Reproduction in Farm Animals, Lea & Fe-biger, Philadelphia, pp 247-283.
6. Janowski T, Zdunczyk S, Podhalicz-Dziegelewska M, Ras A, Chmielewski A (1996) Effect of oestrogen antagonist (tamoxifen) on steroid hor-mone levels, maturation process of placentomes and course of late pregnancy in cows. Reprod Domest Anim 31: 379-384.
7. Kelleman A, Binienda Z, Ding XY, Rittenhouse L, Mitchell M, Nathanielsz PW ( 1992) Prostaglandin production in the umbilical and uterine circulations in pregnant sheep at 129-136 days gestation. J Dev Physiol 17: 63-67.
8. MacLaren LA, Guzeloglu A, Michel F, Thatcher WW (2006) Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) expression in cultured bovine endometrial cells and response to omega-3 fatty acid, growth hormone and agonist stimulation in relation to series 2 prostaglandin production. Domest Anim Endocrinol 30: 155-169.
9. McLaren WJ, Young IR, Rice GE (2000) Localisation and temporal changes in prostaglandin G/H synthase-1 and -2 content in ovine intrauterine tissues in relation to glucocorticoid-induced and spontaneous labour. J Endocrinol 165: 399-410.
10. Maigaard S, Forman A, Andersson KE (1986) Relaxant and contractile effects of some amines and prostanoids in myometrial and vascular smooth muscle within the human uteroplacental unit. Acta Physiol Scand 128: 33-40.
11. Moreno-Aliaga MJ, Matsumura F (1999) Endrin inhibits adipocyte differentiation by selectively altering expression pattern of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-alpha in 3T3-L1 cells. Mol Pharmacol 56: 91-101.
12. Pfarrer C, Hirsch P, Guillomot M, Leiser R (2003) Interaction of integrin receptors with extracellular matrix is involved in trophoblast giant cell migration in bovine placentomes. Placenta 24: 588-597.
13. Poston L (1997) The control of blood flow to the placenta. Exp Physiol 82: 377-387.
14. Robertson HA, King GJ (1979) Conjugated and unconjugated oestrogens in fetal and maternal fluids of the cow throughout pregnancy. J Reprod Fertil 55: 463-470.
15. Routti H, Lille-Langøy R, Berg MK, Fink T, Harju M, Kristiansen K, Rostkowski P, Rusten M, Sylte I, Øygarden L, Goksøyr A (2016) Environ-mental chemicals modulate polar bear (Ursus maritimus) Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma (PPARG) and adipogenesis in vitro. Environ Sci Technol 50: 10708-10720.
16. Ruckebusch Y, Bayard F (1975) Motility of the oviduct and uterus of the cow during the oestrous cycle. J Reprod Fertil 43:23-32.
17. Skarzynski DJ, Bogacki M, Kotwica J (1999) Involvement of ovarian steroids in basal and oxytocin-stimulated prostaglandin (PG) F2 alpha secre-tion by the bovine endometrium in vitro. Theriogenology 52: 385-397.
18. Slama H, Vaillancourt D, Goff AK (1994) Control of in vitro prostaglandin F2 alpha and E2 synthesis by caruncular and allantochorionic tissues from cows that calved normally and those with retained fetal membranes. Domest Anim Endocrinol 11: 175-185.
19. Tangena JA, Hendriks CM, Devine M, Tammaro M, Trett AE, Williams I, DePina AJ, Sisay A, Herizo R, Kafy HT, Chizema E, Were A, Rozier J, Coleman M, Moyes CL (2020) Indoor residual spraying for malaria control in sub-Saharan Africa 1997 to 2017: an adjusted retrospective analysis. Malar J 19: 150.
20. Thatcher WW, Guzeloglu A, Mattos AR, Binelli M, Hansen TR, Pru JK (2001) Uterine-conceptus interactions and reproductive failure in cattle. Theriogenology 56: 1435-1450.
21. Van den Berg H, Manuweera G, Konradsen F (2017) Global trends in the production and use of DDT for control of malaria and other vector-borne diseases. Malar J 16: 401.
22. Vitti M, Di Emidio G, Di Carlo M, Carta G, Antonosante A, Artini PG, Cimini A, Tatone C, Benedetti E (2016) Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors in female reproduction and fertility. PPAR Res 2016: 4612306.
23. Wojciechowska A, Mlynarczuk J, Kotwica J (2017) Changes in the mRNA expression of structural proteins, hormone synthesis and secretion from bovine placentome sections after DDT and DDE treatment. Toxicology 375: 1-9.
24. Wrobel MH, Bedziechowski P, Mlynarczuk J, Kotwica J (2014) Impairment of uterine smooth muscle contractions and prostaglandin secretion from cattle myometrium and corpus luteum in vitro is influenced by DDT, DDE and HCH. Environ Res 32: 54-61.
25. Wrobel MH, Mlynarczuk J (2017) Secretory function of ovarian cells and myometrial contractions in cow are affected by chlorinated insecticides (chlordane, heptachlor, mirex) in vitro. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 314: 63-71.
26. Wrobel M, Mlynarczuk J, Kotwica J (2009) The adverse effect of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and its metabolite (DDE) on the secretion of prostaglandins and oxytocin in bovine cultured ovarian and endometrial cells. Reprod Toxicol 27: 72-78.
27. Wrobel MH, Mlynarczuk J, Kotwica J (2012) The effect of DDT and its metabolite (DDE) on prostaglandin secretion from epithelial cells and on contractions of the smooth muscle of the bovine oviduct in vitro. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 259: 152-159.
28. Yang J, Chen L, Zhang X, Zhou Y, Zhang D, Huo M, Guan Y (2008) PPARs and female reproduction: Evidence from genetically manipulated mice. PPAR Res 2008: 723243.