TitleShot peening effects on fatigue life, corrosion behavior and surface roughness of low carbon alloy steel
Journal titleBulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Technical Sciences
AffiliationSelva Senthil Prabhu, C. : Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi – 642003, India ; Ashoka Varthanan, P. : Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore – 642003, India ; Ram Kumar, T. : Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi – 642003, India
Keywordssurface roughness ; shot peening ; fatigue life
Divisions of PASNauki Techniczne
- K. Miková, S. Bagherifard, O. Bokuvka, M. Guagliano, and L. Trško, “Fatigue behavior of X70 microalloyed steel after severe shot peening”, Int. J. Fatigue 55, 33‒42 (2013).
- H. Kovacı, Y.B. Bozkurt, A.F. Yetim, M. Aslan, and A. Çelik, “The effect of surface plastic deformation produced by shot peening on corrosion behavior of a low-alloy steel”, Surf. Coat. Technol. 360, 78‒86 (2019).
- O. Unal, Effect of pre-heat treatment on fatigue behavior of severe shot peened and plasma nitrided SAE4140 steel”, J. Aeronaut. Space Technol. 11(1), 57‒63 (2018).
- O. Takakuwa and H. Soyama, “Effect of residual stress on the corrosion behavior of austenitic stainless steel”, Adv. Chem. Eng. Sci. 5(1), 62 (2014).
- A.A. Ahmed, M. Mhaede, M. Wollmann, and L. Wagner, “Effect of micro shot peening on the mechanical properties and corrosion behavior of two microstructure Ti–6Al–4V alloy”, Appl. Surf. Sci. 363, 50‒58 (2016).
- V. Azar, B. Hashemi, and M.R. Yazdi, “The effect of shot peening on fatigue and corrosion behavior of 316L stainless steel in Ringer’s solution”, Surf. Coat. Technol. 204(21‒22), 3546‒3551 (2010).
- B. Hashemi, M.R. Yazdi, and V. Azar, “The wear and corrosion resistance of shot peened– nitrided 316L austenitic stainless steel”, Mater. Des. 32(6), 3287‒3292 (2011).
- S.M. Hassani-Gangaraj, A. Moridi, M. Guagliano, A. Ghidini, and M. Boniardi, “The effect of nitriding, severe shot peening and their combination on the fatigue behavior and micro- structure of a low-alloy steel”, Int. J. Fatigue 62, 67‒76 (2014).
- O. Hatamleh, J. Lyons, and R. Forman, “Laser peening and shot peening effects on fatigue life and surface roughness of friction stir welded 7075‐T7351 aluminum”, Fatigue Fract. Eng. Mater. Struct. 30(2), 115‒130 (2007).
- M. Hilpert and L. Wagner, “Corrosion fatigue behavior of the high-strength magnesium alloy AZ 80”, J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 9(4), 402‒407 (2000).
- S. Kalainathan, S. Sathyajith, and S. Swaroop, “Effect of laser shot peening without coating on the surface properties and corrosion behavior of 316L steel”, Opt. Lasers Eng. 50(12), 1740‒1745 (2012).
- S.A. Khan, M.S. Bhuiyan, Y. Miyashita, Y. Mutoh, and T. Koike, “Corrosion fatigue behavior of die-cast and shot-blasted AM60 magnesium alloy”, Mater. Sci. Eng. A 528(4‒5), 1961‒1966 (2011).
- G.H. Majzoobi, J. Nemati, A.N. Rooz, and G.H. Farrahi, “Modification of fretting fatigue behavior of AL7075–T6 alloy by the application of titanium coating using IBED technique and shot peening”, Tribol. Int. 42(1), 121‒129 (2009).
- Y. Shadangi, K. Chattopadhyay, S.B. Rai, and V. Singh, “Effect of LASER shock peening on microstructure, mechanical properties and corrosion behavior of interstitial free steel”, Surf. Coat. Technol. 280, 216‒224 (2015).
- Y. Tan, G. Wu, J.M. Yang, and T. Pan, “Laser shock peening on fatigue crack growth behaviour of aluminium alloy”, Fatigue Fract. Eng. Mater. Struct. 27(8), 649‒656 (2004).
- C. Ye, S. Suslov, B.J. Kim, E.A. Stach, and G.J. Cheng, “Fatigue performance improvement in SAE4140 steel by dynamic strain aging and dynamic precipitation during warm laser shock peening”, Acta Mater. 59(3), 1014‒1025 (2011).
- Standard practice for cleaning, descaling and passivation of stainless steels parts, equipment and systems, A380, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, American Society for Testing and Materials, 1999
- C. Liu, H. Zheng, X. Gu, B. Jiang, and J. Liang, “Effect of severe shot peening on corrosion behavior of AZ31 and AZ91 magnesium alloys”, J. Alloy. Compd. 770 500‒506 (2019).
- R. Ebner, P. Gruber, W. Ecker, O. Kolednik, M. Krobath, and G. Jesner, “Fatigue damage mechanisms and damage evolution near cyclically loaded edges”, Bull. Pol. Ac.: Tech. 58(2), 267‒279 (2010).
- Standard test method for micro indentation hardness of materials, E384-99, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, American Society for Testing and Materials, 1999.