TitleResearch on stability and sensitivity of the rotating machines with overhung rotors to lateral vibrations
Journal titleBulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Technical Sciences
AffiliationSzolc, Tomasz : Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, ul. Pawińskiego 5B, 02-106 Warsaw, Poland ; Konowrocki, Robert : Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, ul. Pawińskiego 5B, 02-106 Warsaw, Poland
Keywordsoverhung rotor-shaft ; lateral vibrations ; stability and sensitivity analysis ; system imperfections
Divisions of PASNauki Techniczne
- K. Nandakumar and A. Chatterjee, “Nonlinear secondary whirl of an overhung rotor”, in Proc. R. Soc. A., vol. 466, pp. 283–301, 2010, doi: 10.1098/rspa.2009.0262.
- O. Cakmak and K.Y. Sanliturk, “A dynamic model of an overhung rotor with ball bearings”, in Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., Part K: J. Multi- body Dyn., vol. 255, no. 4, pp. 310–321, 2011, doi: 10.1177/1464419311408949.
- Ch. Fu, X. Ren, Y. Yang, and W. Qin, “Dynamic response analysis of an overhung rotor with interval uncertainties”, Nonlinear Dyn., vol. 89, pp. 2115–2124, 2017, doi: 10.1007/s11071-017-3573-3.
- E. Chipato, A.D. Shaw, and M.I. Friswell, “Frictional effects on the Nonlinear Dynamics, of an overhung rotor”, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul., vol. 78, p. 104875, 2019.
- ISO 1940/1, ”Balance Quality Requirements of Rigid Rotors”, International Organization for Standardization, 2003.
- K.M. Al-Hussain and I. Redmond, “Dynamic response of two rotors connected by rigid mechanical coupling with parallel misalignment”, Sound Vib., vol. 249, no. 3, pp. 483–498, 2002.
- K.M. Al-Hussain, “Dynamic stability of two rigid rotors connected by a flexible coupling with angular misalignment”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 266, no. 2, pp. 217–234, 2002.
- A.W. Lees, “Misalignment in rigidly coupled rotors”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 305, pp. 261–271, 2007.
- I. Redmond, “Study of a misaligned flexibly coupled shaft system having nonlinear bearings and cyclic coupling stiffness – Theoretical model and analysis”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 329, pp. 700–720, 2010.
- J. Didier, J.-J. Sinou and B. Faverjon, “Study of the nonlinear dynamic response of a rotor system with faults and uncertainties”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 331, pp. 671–703, 2012.
- P. Pennacchi, A. Vania, and S. Chatterton, “Nonlinear effects caused by coupling misalignment in rotors equipped with journal bearings”, Mech. Syst. Signal Process., no.30, pp. 306–322, 2012.
- A. Muszyńska, Ch.T. Hatch, and D.E. Bently, “Dynamics of anisotropically supported rotors”, Int. J. Rotating Mach., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 133–142, 1997.
- J. Malta, “Investigation of anisotropic rotor with different shaft orientation”, Doctoral Thesis, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Machinery Construction, D 17, Darmstadt, 2009.
- T. Szolc, P. Tauzowski, R. Stocki, and J. Knabel, ”Damage identification in vibrating rotor-shaft systems by efficient sampling approach”, Mech. Syst. Signal Process., vol. 23, pp. 1615–1633, 2009.
- T. Szolc, “On the discrete-continuous modeling of rotor systems for the analysis of coupled lateral-torsional vibrations”, Int. J. Rotating Mach., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 135–149, 2000.
- T. Szolc, K. Falkowski, M. Henzel, and P. Kurnyta-Mazurek, “The determination of parameters for a design of the stable electro-dynamic passive magnetic support of a high-speed flexible rotor”, Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci., vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 91–105, 2019.
- A. Pręgowska, R. Konowrocki, and T. Szolc, “On the semi-active control method for torsional vibrations in electro-mechanical systems by means of rotary actuators with a magneto-rheological fluid”, J. Theor. Appl. Mech., vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 979–992, 2013.
- R. Lasota, R. Stocki, P. Tauzowski, and T. Szolc, ”Polynomial chaos expansion method in estimating probability distribution of rotor-shaft dynamic responses”, Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci., vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 413–422, 2015.
- Y. Ma, Z. Liang, M. Chen, and J. Hong, “Interval analysis of rotor dynamic response with uncertain parameters”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 332, pp. 3869–3880, 2013.
- Z. Qiu and X. Wang, “Parameter perturbation method for dynamic responses of structures with uncertain-but-bounded parameters based on interval analysis”, Int. J. Solids Struct., vol. 42, pp. 4958–4970, 2005.
- Ch. Fu, Y. Xu, Y. Yang, K. Lu, F. Gu, and A. Ball, “Response analysis of an accelerating unbalanced rotating system with both random and interval variables”, J. Sound Vib., vol. 466, p. 115047, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2019.115047.