TitleOperational determinants of gaseous air pollutants emissions from coal-fired district heating sources
Journal titleArchives of Environmental Protection
AffiliationRóżycka-Wrońska, Ewelina : Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Keywordsdistrict heating ; gaseous air pollutant emission ; emission indicators ; unstable conditions ; heat onlyboilers
Divisions of PASNauki Techniczne
PublisherPolish Academy of Sciences
- Andersen, A. & Lund, H. (2007). New CHP partnerships offering balancing of fluctuating renewable electricity productions. Journal of Cleaner Production 15, pp. 288-293. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2005.08.017
- Kim, B.S., Kim, T.Y., Park, T.C. & Yeo, Y.K. (2018). Comparative study of estimation methods of NOx emission with selection of input parameters for a coal-fired boiler. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 35(9), pp. 1779-1790. DOI: 10.1007/s11814-018-0087-8.
- Demirbas, A. (2006). Correlations between Carbon Dioxide Emissions and Carbon Contents of Fuels. Energy Sources Part B Economics Planning and Policy. 1(4), pp. 421-427. DOI: 10.1080/15567240500402628
- Directive (EU) 2015/1480 of 28 August 2015 amending several annexes to Directives 2004/107/EC and 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down the rules concerning reference methods, data validation and location of sampling points for the assessment of ambient air quality
- Directive IED 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions - (integrated prevention of pollution and control)
- Directive 2015/2193 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on the limitation of emissions of certain pollutants into the air from medium combustion plants
- Environmental Protection Law Act of 27 April 2011 with further amendments.
- EuroHeat and Power. District Heating and Cooling – country profiles. 2019 https://www.euroheat.org/knowledge-hub/district-energy-poland/ (8.03.2021)
- Eurostat, 2019. Coal production and consumption statistics. Published June 2019, https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statisticsexplained/index.php?title=Coal_production_and_consumption_statistics#Consumption_and_production_of_hard_coal (8.03.2021).
- Gustafsson, M.S., Myhren, J.A. & Dotzauer, E. (2018). Potential for district heating to lower peak electricity demand in a medium-size municipality in Sweden. J. Clean. Prod. 186, pp. 1–9. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.038
- Hast, A., Syri, S., Lekavicius, V. & Galinis, A. (2018). District heating in cities as a part of low-carbon energy system. Energy, 152, pp. 627–639. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2018.03.156
- Hunt, B.R., Lipsman, R.L. & Rosenberg, J.M. (2002). Guide to MATLAB: For Beginners and Experienced Users. Cambridge University Press. West Nyack, NY, USA. 04/2002.
- Holnicki, P., Kaluszko, A., Nahorski, Z., Stankiewicz, K. & Trapp, W. (2017). Air quality modeling for Warsaw agglomeration. Archives of Environmental Protection. 43(1), pp. 48-64. DOI: 10.1515/aep-2017-0005
- Kruitwagen, L., Collins, S. & Caldecott, B. (2018). Coal-fired Power Stations. Coal in the 21st Century: Energy Needs, Chemicals and Environmental Controls. (45), pp.58-99, DOI: 10.1039/9781788010115-00058
- Kukuła, K. (1998). Elements of statistics in tasks. Scientific Publishers PWN Warsaw.
- Lin, B., & Lin, J. (2017). Evaluating energy conservation in China’s heating industry. J. Clean. Prod. 142, pp. 501–512. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.06.195
- Liu, J., Shi, J., Fu, Z., Zhang, J., Li, Y. & Ji, H. (2017). Optimization study on combustion in a 1000-MW ultra-supercritical double-tangential-circle boiler. Advanced in Mechanical Engineering, 9(11), pp. 1-12. DOI: 10.1177/1687814017730743
- Lund, R.L., Ilic, D.D. & Trygg, L. (2016). Socioeconomic potential for introducing large-scale heat pumps in district heating in Denmark. J. Clean. Prod. 139, pp. 219–229. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.135.
- Ma, S. (2010). Simulation on SO2 and NOx Emission from Coal-Fired Power Plants in North-Eastern North America. Energy and Power Engineering, 2 (3), pp. 190-195. DOI: 10.4236/epe.2010.23028
- Marousek, J., Haskova, S., Zeman, R., Vachal, J. & Vanickova, R. (2014). Processing of residues from biogas plants for Energy purposes. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 17, pp. 797–801. DOI: 10.1007/s10098-014-0866-9
- Maurice, B., Frischknecht, R., Coelho-Schwirtz, V. & Hungerbuhler, K. (2000). Uncertainty analysis in life cycle inventory. Application to the production of electricity with French coal power plants. Journal of Cleaner Production 8, pp. 95-108. DOI: 10.1016/S0959-6526(99)00324-8
- Mazhar, A. R., Liu, S. & Shukla, A.(2018). A state of art review on the district heating systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 96, pp. 420-439. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2018.08.005
- Miller, B.G. & Tillman, D.A. (2008). Combustion Engineering Issues for Solid Fuels Systems. Academic Press.
- Montanari, R. (2004). Environmental efficiency analysis for enel thermo-power plants. Journal of Cleaner Production, 12(4), PP.403-414. DOI: 10.1016/S0959-6526(03)00015-5
- PN-ISO 10396:2001 Stationary source emissions – sampling for the automated determination of gas concentrations. Polish Committee for Standardization.
- PN-EN 14181:2015-02 Stationary source emissions - Quality assurance of automatic measurement systems. Polish Committee for Standardization.
- Popiołkiewicz, R. (2006). The problem of efficiency of boilers operated in the summer. District Heating, Heating,Ventilation, 37,(5). (in Polish)
- Pronobis, M. (2002). Modernization of power boilers, Warsaw Scientific and Technical Publishers, Warsaw, (in Polish)
- Regulation of the Minister of the Climate of 24 September 2020 on emission standards for some types of installations, fuel combustion sources and waste incineration or co-incineration devices.
- Różycka-Wrońska, E., Wojdyga, K. & Chorzelski, M. (2014). Emission of pollutants in exhaust gases from Polish district heating sources. Journal of Cleaner Production, 75, pp. 157-165. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.03.069
- Różycka-Wrońska, E. (2016). Operational conditions for the emission of gaseous air pollutants from coal-fired heating sources, Dissertation, Printing House of Warsaw University of Technology Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental Engineering
- Statistics Poland 2020, GUS. Fuel and energy economy in 2018 and 2019. Published 27.11.2020, https://stat.gov.pl/obszary-tematyczne/srodowisko-energia/energia/gospodarka-paliwowo-energetyczna-w-latach-2018-i-2019,4,15.html (08.03.2021).
- Wang, N., Chen, X. & Wu, G. (2019). Public Private Partnerships, a Value for Money Solution for Clean Coal District Heating Operations. Sustainability, 11, 2386. DOI: 10.3390/su11082386
- Wilczyński, M. (2013). Twilight of hard coal in Poland, Foundation Institute for Sustainable Development, Warsaw, (in Polish).
- Wilk, Z. & Bocheńska, T. (2003). Hydrogeology of Polish mineral deposits and mining water problems. Volume II, AGH Publisher, Cracow, (in Polish).
- Wojdyga, K. (2014). Predicting heat demand for a district heating systems. International Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, 3(5), pp. 237-244. DOI: 10.11648/j.ijepe.20140305.13
- Yang, J. & Urpelainen, J. (2019). The future of India's coal-fired power generation capacity. Journal of Cleaner Production, 226, pp. 904-912. DPOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.074
- Wasielewski, R., Wojtaszek, M. & Plis, A. (2020). Investigation of fly ash from co-combustion of alternative fuel (SRF) with hard coal in a stoker boiler. Archives of Environmental Protection, 46 (2), pp. 58–67. DOI: 10.24425/aep.2020.133475