In recent years, the Budryk Coal Mine (KWK Budryk) reached the mining depth of 1300 m, where there is about 160 million tons of coal, including 120 million tons of coking coal (type 35). The task of the Coal Processing Plant complex modernization was undertaken. The article presents the modernization of coal screening, classification and dewatering systems at the KWK Budryk Processing Plant and the implementation of screening of PROGRESS ECO sp. z o.o. SK. The modernization project defined the following technical requirements for all screens in the KWK Budryk Coal Processing Plant extension project:
- Vibrating screens with a linear type drive with a drive unit placed on the drive beam of the trommel screen in the form of vibration generators;
- Screen drives equipped with a starting-braking device;
- The use of main screen drive bearings with a nominal service life of at least 40,000 man-hours;
- All work surfaces made of materials with a strength of up to 80 mm grain and abrasion resistance; side strips and sieves fixed in a way ensuring trouble-free operation, and at the same time quick and easy replacement;
- Sheets made of stainless steel;
- Side walls, beams and other elements attached to them connected with screws using a system protecting against corrosion and elements separation;
- The use of a work parameters monitoring and visualization system, i.e.
- pitch of the riddle,
- bearing operating temperatures and the condition of their wear.
Three types of screens were provided:
- PWP1-1Z-2,8x6,0 screeners that alternatively perform sieving or desliming processes,
- PWP1-2.4x6.0 screening machines performing desliming processes,
- PWP1-2.0x6.0 screens performing the classification process.