TitleCombined modelling for iron ore demand forecasting with intelligent optimization algorithms
Journal titleGospodarka Surowcami Mineralnymi - Mineral Resources Management
AffiliationRen, Min : Northeastern University, Shenyang, China ; Dai, Jianyong : University of South China, Hengyang, China ; Zhu, Wancheng : Northeastern University, Shenyang ; Dai, Feng : Northeastern University, Shenyang
Keywordsiron ore demand ; combined model ; intelligent optimization algorithm ; forecasting accuracy
Divisions of PASNauki Techniczne
PublisherKomitet Zrównoważonej Gospodarki Surowcami Mineralnymi PAN ; Instytut Gospodarki Surowcami Mineralnymi i Energią PAN
Bibliography1. Al-Fattah, S.M. 2020. A new artificial intelligence GANNATS model predicts gasoline demand of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 194.
2. Al-Hnaity, B. and Abbod, M. 2016. Predicting Financial Time Series Data Using Hybrid Model. Intelligent Systems and Applications 650, pp. 19–41.
3. Bates, J.M. and Granger, C.W.J. 1969. The combination of forecasts. Journal of the Operational Research Society 20(4), pp. 451–468.
4. Bikcora et al. 2018 – Bikcora, C., Verheijen, L. and Weiland, S. 2018. Density forecasting of daily electricity demand with ARMA-GARCH, CAViaR, and CARE econometric models. Sustainable Energy Grids and Networks 13, pp. 148–156.
5. Box, G.E.P. and Jenkins, G.M. 1976. Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control. Holden-Day, San Francisco.
6. Davies, N.J.P. and Petruccelli, J.D. 1988. An Automatic Procedure for Identification, Estimation and Forecasting Univariate Self Exiting Threshold Autoregressive Models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society 37(2), pp. 199–204.
7. D’Amico et al. 2020 – D’Amico, A., Ciulla, G., Tupenaite, L. and Kaklauskas, A. 2020. Multiple criteria assessment of methods for forecasting building thermal energy demand. Energy and Buildings 224, 110220.
8. Eberhart, R. and Kennedy, J. 1995. A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. [In:] MHS’95. Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43.
9. Holland, J.M. 1975. Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor.
10. Huang et al. 2006 – Huang, G.B., Zhu, Q.Y. and Siew, C.K. 2006. Extreme learning machine: theory and applications. Neurocomputing 70, pp. 489–501.
11. Jia, L.W. and Xu, D.Y. 2014. Analysis and Prediction of the Demand for Iron Ore: Using Panel, Grey, Co-Integration and ARIMA Models. Resources Science 36(7), pp. 1382–1391.
12. Kazemzadeh et al. 2020 – Kazemzadeh, M.R., Amjadian, A. and Amraee, T. 2020. A hybrid data mining driven algorithm for long term electric peak load and energy demand forecasting. Energy 204, 117948
13. Liu et al. 2016 – Liu, X.L., Moreno, B. and Garcia, A.S. 2016. A grey neural network and input-output combined forecasting model. Primary energy consumption forecasts in Spanish economic sectors. Energy 115, pp. 1042–1054.
14. Ma et al. 2013 – Ma, W.M., Zhu, X.X. and Wang, M.M. 2013. Forecasting iron ore import and consumption of China using grey model optimized by particle swarm optimization algorithm. Resources Policy 38, pp. 613–620.
15. Mi et al. 2018 – Mi, J., Fan, L., Duan, X. and Qiu, Y. 2018. Short-Term Power Load Forecasting Method Based on Improved Exponential Smoothing Grey Model. Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2018, pp. 1–11.
16. National Bureau of Statistics of China. Output of Industrial Products. [Online] https://data.stats.gov.cn/easyquery. htm?cn=C01&zb=A0E0H&sj=2019 [Accessed: 2020-12-30].
17. National Bureau of Statistics of China, 2018. Chinese Mining Yearbook. Beijing: China Statistics Press.
18. Song et al. 2018 – Song, J.J., Wang, J.Z. and Lu, H.Y.2018. A novel combined model based on advanced optimization algorithm for short-term wind speed forecasting. Applied Energy 215, pp. 643–658.
19. Vapnik, V.N. 1995. The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory. New York: Springer.
20. Wang et al. 2018 – Wang, J., Luo, Y.Y., Tang, T.Y. and Peng, G. 2018. Modeling a combined forecast algorithm based on sequence patterns and near characteristics: An application for tourism demand forecasting. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 108, pp. 136–147.
21. Wang et al. 2012 – Wang, J.J., Wang, J.Z., Zhang, Z.G. and Guo, S.P. 2012. Stock index forecasting based on a hybrid model. Omega-International Journal of Management Science 40, pp. 758–766.
22. Wang et al. 2010 – Wang, J.Z., Zhu, S.L., Zhang, W.Y. and Lu, H.Y. 2010. Combined modeling for electric load forecasting with adaptive particle swarm optimization. Energy 35, pp. 1671–1678.
23. Wang et al. 2020 – Wang, Z.X., Zhao, Y.F. and He, L.Y. 2020. Forecasting the monthly iron ore import of China using a model combining empirical mode decomposition, non-linear autoregressive neural network, and autoregressive integrated moving average. Applied Soft Computing 94.
24. Winters, P.R. 1960. Forecasting sales by exponentially weighted moving averages. Management Science 6(3), pp. 324–42.
25. Zhang et al. 2019 – Zhang, S.H., Wang, J.Y. and Guo, Z.H. 2019. Research on combined model based on multi- -objective optimization and application in time series forecast. Soft Computing 23, pp. 11493–11521.
26. Zhang et al. 2017 – Zhang, Y., Li, C. and Li, L. 2017. Electricity price forecasting by a hybrid model, combining wavelet transform, ARMA and kernel-based extreme learning machine methods. Applied Energy 190, pp. 291–305.
27. Zhou et al. 2019 – Zhou, Z., Si, G.Q., Zheng, K., Xu, X., Qu, K. and Zhang, Y.B. 2019. CMBCF: A Cloud Model Based Hybrid Method for Combining Forecast. Applied Soft Computing 85, 105766.
28. Zhou, Z.H. 2016. Machine Learning. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 425 pp. ( in Chinese).